What’s next with Microsoft Teams in Education?
- 27 May,2021
How about Teams Unified Communications, Voice and External Calling?
As one of our Education Clients said: “We had to stop talking about it, and had to do it for real!”.
For many, Teams was on the roadmap to be deployed as part of their Digital Transformation for some point in the near future, and this roll out was then expedited due to the pandemic. As we all probably know by now, Microsoft Teams is designed for everyone. It allows you to instantly go from group chat to video call with the touch of a button. It allows you to securely connect, access, share, and co-author files in real time, as well as staying organised by keeping notes, documents, and your calendar together. However, when looking back to their Digital Transformation Roadmap, many Educational organisations are asking CPS, What next? We’ve deployed it, it’s working well, but what else can we do? How can we make the student and staff experience better? Can it efficiently replace any of our legacy systems?
Unified Communications is one such area which is coming sharply into focus for many of our Education clients. Business communications in today’s modern world of working, needs to be responsive, nimble, and flexible to support an organisation’s growth and agility, which has been particularly highlighted over the past 18 months.
Legacy PBX (Private Branch Exchange) solutions no longer have the flexibility and, importantly, the mobility to support companies who have remote or teleworking employees, students or staff. In contrast, the ways that organisations communicate and collaborate have also evolved due to the technology that serves it.
Microsoft Teams Voice allows the Education sector to have a better choice about their telephony provision. Organisations can choose their telephony provider for minutes and lines, remaining with existing providers or, porting to new providers to take advantage of price flexibility and substantial discounts. Microsoft Teams Voice enables both collaboration and communications services, in one easy to use platform. It enables true flexible working solutions on mobile device.
Key benefits that can be realised when moving to Teams Voice are:
* Enable Remote Working – delivers the same collaboration and communications features to users, all within the same easy to use and administer platform.
* Office/Site Enablement – news sites/locations enabled seamlessly
* Interoperability – place calls to legacy PBX users and vice versa
* Migration – Direct Routing allows control of the migration
* Reduced Total Cost of Ownership – Legacy Infrastructure and maintenance cost removed
* Reporting and Monitoring – Direct Routing delivers in depth reporting
* Media Bypass – increased quality of calls.
* Legacy vs New – your whole telephony infrastructure doesn’t require replacing
* Retain Existing SIP lines
* Peripherals and Devices – There’s a huge ecosystem made up of numerous vendors
Moving to Teams Voice can save you £000s each year and give your organisation a better experience. Based on many years of unified communications experience, CPS has devised a well-trodden approach to a cradle to grave programme for a legacy PBX to Microsoft Teams Voice migration.