We are a long established and highly respected Microsoft Gold Partner with an extensive portfolio of high-profile clients that is continuing to grow.
Due to our continued growth, we are looking for an experienced project manager to join the professional services team.
The roles primary focus is the complete project lifecycle of the client engagement i.e.: pre-sale, through to contract finalisation, start up, design, implementation, commercial management, and handover.
It is our mission to continue growing our Microsoft services portfolio, providing support and guidance to ensure clients are delighted with our service – not only with specific enterprise solutions, but also with a keen eye to their future strategic needs. Further to this, CPS and Microsoft are driving sustainment within businesses we work with, therefore business change management is another key aspect of our delivery.
Our client base includes many blue-chip organisations from a very diverse variety of sectors including utilities, government agencies, engineering and high-tech industries, charity, financial services and education, they all have high expectations, for accuracy, customer service and delivery focus.
An experienced Project Manager with excellent consultative skills able to communicate with all levels and areas of an organisation.
A self-starter, keen to further develop both their personal and the company’s knowledge and skillset, with a ‘make it happen’ attitude.
A proven commercial awareness enabling the individual to grow the relationship with a client and identify new opportunities whilst they are working on client engagements.
The ability to manage their own time within the commercial aspects of engagements to ensure that all activities are delivered to high quality, on time and within budget.
Deliver projects based on a range of Microsoft and 3rd party technologies to a broad client base, ensuring that the solutions take into consideration technical strategy, successful adoption, long-term sustainability and commercial awareness.
Successfully delivery the projects; applying the required Project Management control:
- Communication (Stakeholder & Team)
- Scope & Expectation Management
- Change Control
- Planning & Resource Management
- RAID (Risk, Assumption, Issue and Dependency) management
- Deliverable acceptance and Financial control (Billing)
- Internal and Client facing performance reporting (highlight reporting, cost status reporting)
Ensure that clients are delighted by their experience when engaging with CPS.
Ensure that solutions are designed to the highest level and meet the expectations of clients in every respect.
Broad knowledge of solution delivery patterns and practices, application lifecycle management approaches, with experience gained through all phases from design, development, test and release cycle to delivery and maintenance.
CPS have clients across the UK and travel is required at times, with occasional overseas assignments. This is balanced by an ability to work from home for some of the time.
- Must come from a project management role
- Must demonstrate the ability to work with multiple clients and multiple projects within a working week
- Have Security Clearance
- Will have worked for a Professional Services / Shared Services organisation (demonstrable commercial Project Delivery)
- Demonstrable end to end project lifecycle delivery experience
- Demonstrable financial acumen in the delivery of projects to the agreed budgets
- Must be able to organise, lead and motivate teams of management, technical, support and training consultants both internal and within client organisations
- Needs to be happy to travel to client sites throughout the UK
- Business analysis skills to define and review requirements
- Quality / customer relationship focus to confirm deliverables will meet expectations
- Project Management Certified (PRINCE2®, PMI certification, Scrum master)
- Experienced in Managing Agile, Waterfall and SDLC
- Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating project delivery; Takes responsibility for project subordinates' activities; Makes self-available to the project team; Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and service.; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Visionary Leadership - Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust; mobilises others to fulfil the project vision; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and team members.
- Motivation - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Delegation - Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments
- Analytical - processes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organising - Prioritises and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organises or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Some of the benefits which are integrated as part of being a colleague at CPS includes:
- Vitality – Private Medical Insurance
- YuLife – Income Protection and employee discounts benefits
- Health Assured – Employee Wellbeing Support
- Medicash – Health Cash Plan
- 25 days holiday – increasing to 26 days after 1 year, to 27 days after 2 years and to 28 days after 5 years
- Have your birthday as an additional day off from work. Can be adjusted to be taken within a week of you birthday if that is your preference
- Quarterly and annual star performer awards and rewarded with prizes – voted for by your peers and colleagues
- Annual professional training budget to support your Personal Development Plan
- Award winning culture http://www.greatplacetowork.co.uk/best-workplaces/best-workplaces-in-the-uk
- Fortnightly ‘Engagement’ survey to assess staff Happiness levels
- Quarterly company meetings with associated social/team building events
- Workplace pension scheme which goes beyond the standard schemes
- No arduous annual appraisal process – your line manager will hold a 1-2-1 with you quarterly, as a minimum, to review and realign your objectives and your PDP as appropriate
- Free on-site parking, subject to availability
- Long service recognition at 5, 10, 15, 20 years and onwards
- Unlimited hot and cold refreshments throughout the day in the Marlow office
- Complimentary fruit & snacks
- Monthly Fat/Fit Fridays! (pre-pandemic)
- Free chair massages - head, arms, shoulders and back (pre-pandemic)
- Regular social activities such as a summer event (Pub in the Park http://pubintheparkuk.com/ ), Christmas event, Dragon boat racing http://tag-events.com/portfolio/marlow-dragon-boat-festival/, quiz nights, wine tasting, pub nights, family events, BBQs and so much more