A CPS Managed Support Services Analyst is required to provide first and second line support to internal staff and external clients. Your day to day responsibility includes responding to calls or emails from clients logging queries and following them through to resolution in accordance with the contracted Service Level Agreements. The secondary role of Systems Administrator elevates the position as not only a 3rd line resource for your colleagues, but also as a technical owner for internal IT processes.
The successful candidate will require an aptitude for working with applications/systems to undertake analysis, diagnosis and resolution of client problems, which may range from straightforward to more complicated technical issues. There is also a range of administration duties within this role.
This is an excellent opportunity to become a product expert, whilst also have the opportunity to become a product specialist in Microsoft Technologies.
The role will include working as part of a CPS teams, or a mix of client and CPS professionals on engagements and will requiring good interpersonal skills, to complement your technical and delivery experience.
We are seeking a high functioning individual who can take ownership of internal systems and processes whilst providing value to our customers. Depending on the individual, the progression of this role could lead to either a Senior Managed Services position (taking lead on customer engagements as a technical account manager or 3rd line escalation point involved with client project work) or to a dedicated internal role (systems administrator/IT Manager).
- Ownership of selected support deliverables
- Ownership of the CAB process (documentation, process) alongside Head of Managed Services
- Ownership of actions held within internal IT project planner (reporting to Head of Managed Services)
- Maintaining ISO policies and procedures in line with compliance requirements
- Supporting internal projects, developing new processes in line with compliance requirements (working alongside Head of Compliance)
- Mentoring of new support staff and skills sharing
- Managing escalations alongside the Service Desk Manager
- Working with customers/colleagues to identify causes of issues and reaching solutions
- Providing first class customer service and a gateway for customers to facilitate non-support requests, by discussing and passing on opportunities
- Being a point of escalation for colleagues within the Managed Services Group
- Logging and keeping records of customer queries
- To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles
- Publishing support documentation to assist staff with requests for information & provide staff training if required
Desirable personal attributes:
- Ability to work autonomously on systems for continual improvement
- Personable, and a quick builder of relationships
- Good interpersonal & Customer care skills
- Good writing & oral communication skills
- Imaginative Problem solver
- Ability to work as part of a Team of specialists
- Appreciation of a quality approach
- Sensitive to commercial opportunity
- Confidence in personal abilities
- Fast assimilator of information
- Resilient, appropriately persistent
- Administration experience of M365
- Comprehensive experience of Azure (IaaS, managed databases, backup, virtual networking)
- Administrator level understanding of Endpoint Manager and Security and Compliance Centres
- Comprehensive understanding of Windows operating systems
- Comprehensive understanding of networking principals
- Comprehensive understanding of client/server network topology
- Awareness of Microsoft SharePoint Online
- Awareness of Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Administrator level for User & Security Group (AAD) management
- We are looking for someone with a good IT background, with a keen interest in technologies and computers. Minimum 3 years previous IT customer service experience is essential. Self-motivated achiever who gains satisfaction from providing excellent customer service.
- Candidate must demonstrate knowledge and abilities in the following:
- Problem Solving – The ability to identify and resolve problems quickly and effectively. Understands entire process from logging to informing customer solution is in place; knows when to escalate; implements solutions not fixes.
- Proactive Thinking – The ability to take initiative to make improvements. Anticipate customer needs; looks for ways to make things better for the customer, to eliminate recurring problems, calls, is constantly learning.
- Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Listens and gets clarification of requests. Responds well to questions. Ability to interact and communicate clearly in English with people over the telephone, often in stressful situations. Writes clearly and informatively. Edits work for spelling and grammar.
- Customer Skills – The ability to interact with customers in a polite and professional manner. Regards customer as most important part of job; respectful of customers and manages difficult or emotional customer situations. Responds promptly to customer needs and requests for service and assistance.
- Professionalism – Uses time efficiently. Approaches others in a tactful manner. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Teamwork - Contributes skills and capabilities to achieve the team’s goals. Is receptive to new ideas, builds strong working relationships and values diversity. Encourages and gives credit to others for their contributions and puts the attainment of team goals ahead of individual objectives. Ability to help Service Desk staff and makes self-available to others.
- Flexibility - Performs a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities. Accepts new challenges, responsibilities and assignments. Works outside of ordinary routine. Views problems or business situations from both own as well as another’s perspective. Adjusts to multiple demands and satisfying priorities. Utilises new and unique methods to resolve issues. Possesses versatility demonstrated through performance and/or some experience in multiple skill sets.
- Team/Company Fit – Absolutely always on time; enjoys working in a very casual environment in terms of relationships and communication; willing to work over time; doesn’t need any hand holding.
- Technical – The ability to learn technical product information quickly and accurately. Working knowledge of:
- Windows operating systems (Windows 10 and server 2016, 2019)
- Networking principals
- Client/server network topology
- User & Security Group Active Directory administration
- Troubleshooting M365 environments
Professional Qualifications & Certifications:
- M365 Administration Certifications
- M365 Fundamentals
- IT specific qualifications (A+, CISCO)
- ITIL v4 Foundation
- Degree educated
Some of the benefits which are integrated as part of being a colleague at CPS includes:
- Vitality – Private Medical Insurance
- YuLife – Income Protection and employee discounts benefits
- Health Assured – Employee Wellbeing Support
- Medicash – Health Cash Plan
- 25 days holiday – increasing to 26 days after 1 year, to 27 days after 2 years and to 28 days after 5 years
- Have your birthday as an additional day off from work. Can be adjusted to be taken within a week of your birthday if that is your preference
- Quarterly and annual star performer awards and rewarded with prizes – voted for by your peers and colleagues
- Annual professional training budget to support your Personal Development Plan
- Award winning culture http://www.greatplacetowork.co.uk/best-workplaces/best-workplaces-in-the-uk
- Fortnightly ‘Engagement’ survey to assess staff Happiness levels
- Quarterly company meetings with associated social/team building events
- Workplace pension scheme which goes beyond the standard schemes
- No arduous annual appraisal process – your line manager will hold a 1-2-1 with you quarterly, as a minimum, to review and realign your objectives and your PDP as appropriate
- Free on-site parking, subject to availability
- Long service recognition at 5, 10, 15, 20 years and onwards
- Unlimited hot and cold refreshments throughout the day in the Marlow office
- Complimentary fruit & snacks
- Monthly Fat/Fit Fridays! (pre-pandemic)
- Free chair massages - head, arms, shoulders and back (pre-pandemic)
- Regular social activities such as a summer event (Pub in the Park http://pubintheparkuk.com/ ), Christmas event, Dragon boat racing http://tag-events.com/portfolio/marlow-dragon-boat-festival/, quiz nights, wine tasting, pub nights, family events, BBQs and so much more